You are not logged in.

• Login

Cyrops

Unregistered

Sunday, August 4th 2013, 9:57am

My feedback on game state

Hello,
So I bought Realms or Arkania yesterday (august 3rd) and I was really excited to play. I played for 6hours and I thought this game was in early alpha due to numerous bugs :X I was about to give up on the game, but then I came to these forums and noticed a lot of patches coming so I'll give devs a chance. Since I am a developer myself and I want this game to be playable, I'll try and help. Here is my feedback:

--Game Breaking Bugs--
*Combat*
Balm and Witch Spit do not heal anything, even when the spells don't fail. (I only have those spells for healing, not sure if there are other spells)
Both enemy and characters get stuck moving, unable to do anything.
For no reason mid fight the characters stop responding to commands, don't move don't attack just stand there.
*Quests*
The quest you get in first city just as you start, the one you go in house and have to fight robbers/pirates. I reached the "Barred Door" and there was some narrator speech with text pop up saying "blabla will be pleased" but the quest still says I need to go check the place out.
> I walked around the continent, visited 8 cities (the ones in the bottom from starting city) but I received no quests anymore. I visited taverns and inns in all the cities, but no quests.
--Bugs--
*Gameplay*
World map is hard to navigate towards bottom right, where your party screen is. It sort of works with tab (hiding the UI) but even if I click map, my characters get selected with UI hidden.
Battle map sometimes gets stuck and I am unable to move it with my mouse, only the buttons work for zoom/rotate on the top right.
Alt-tab out of game and I can't get back in.
*Visual*
2handed weapon (bastard sword) showing as hammer in battle.
Rapier showing as hammer for my one character.
Enemy models for animals showing as orks (or maybe ogres).
Goblin showing as skeleton.
*Text*
In quest log there is some weird quest with no description (just as you start the game)
*Misc*
When I push "play" from Steam, the configuration window appears and the title is in german.
--Features that are missing--
Stat descriptions (Strength etc)
Class descriptions (I really thought druid would be a healer)
Item descriptions when buying, only the weight and price is listed and I don't know if it is a dagger or a sword just from name.
In battle map. the "squares" where you can't move need to have an indication.
There should be a way to fill "water skin" in a town, from well or river/lake.
In a town, there are places with yellow spiky circles on normal icons, does that signify anything?
I have 3 quests in my quest log, but I only get one purple arrow telling me to go do the buggy quest I mentioned earlier, clicking on quests doesn't change direction or anything.
I want to turn off that horrible dude reading dialog, the one that says "had a little too much to drink" and such.
After pickpocket/cheating I have to reenter tavern, not sure if that is intended.
If you select "talk" in tavern, there is no option where I can leave the conversation and do a talent, have to leave the inn and reenter.

And last thing, what is "Plan X"? :D
Cyrops has attached the following file:
  • output_log.txt (83.53 kB - 163 times downloaded - latest: Jun 6th 2018, 12:54pm)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Cyrops" (Aug 4th 2013, 10:42am) with the following reason: Edit: added the log.

Cyrops

Unregistered

Sunday, August 4th 2013, 12:29pm

Some new bugs I discovered:
The quest "Isleif Oldgardson" says he lives in Stonrock, but I found no such city on map.
In Prem, I got a note about old mine by the river, but I can't seem to find where it actually is. There is a building with yellow circle but the door reacts in no way.
I am currently stuck with nothing to do...

Cyrops

Unregistered

Sunday, August 4th 2013, 12:37pm

When in camp, sending a character to look for supplies, says "found water" but the waterskin does not get filled.

Sunday, August 4th 2013, 8:17pm

Some new bugs I discovered:
The quest "Isleif Oldgardson" says he lives in Stonrock, but I found no such city on map.
In Prem, I got a note about old mine by the river, but I can't seem to find where it actually is. There is a building with yellow circle but the door reacts in no way.
I am currently stuck with nothing to do...
I can at least explain the problem with Stonrock. Something went wrong with translation and the names of the NPCs as well as the cities got translated. We are currently working on a new map inclunding the now translated names, but for now, Stonrock is the old "Felsteyn".

I hope that helps!

Cyrops

Unregistered

Sunday, August 4th 2013, 8:22pm

Yea I figured that much out, thanks.